This novel is narrated by John Fothergill West, who tries to discover why the tenant of Cloomber Hall, General Heatherstone, is nervous to the point of being paranoid. Why are his fears becoming stronger every year at the fifth of October? And why doesn't he let his children leave home? This is a great mystery novel with a sharp twist at the end.
Читать книгу «The Mystery of Cloomber» очень удобно в нашей онлайн-библиотеке на сайте или в мобильном приложении IOS, Android или Windows. Надеемся, что это произведение придется вам по душе.
- I. The Hegira of the Wests from Edinburgh
- II. Of the strange manner in which a tenant came to Cloomber
- III. Of our further acquaintance with major-general J. B. Heatherstone
- IV. Of a young man with a grey head
- V. How four of us came to be under the shadow of Cloomber
- VI. How I came to be enlisted as one of the Garrison of Cloomber
- VII. Of corporal Rufus Smith and his coming to Cloomber
- VIII. Statement of Israel stakes
- IX. Narrative of John Easterling, F.R.C.P. EDIN
- X. Of the letter which came from the Hall
- XI. Of the casting away of the barque "Belinda"
- XII. Of the three foreign men upon the coast
- XIII. In which I see that which has been seen by few
- XIV. Of the visitor who ran down the road in the night-time
- XV. The day-book of John Berthier Heatherstone
- XVI. At the hole of Cree