Irish athletic reporter Malone narrates tale of bold squat quarrelsome Professor Challenger seeking remote Amazonian plateau where “the ordinary laws of Nature are suspended” with prehistoric creatures and ape-men. Other armed British whites are spare skeptic Professor Summerlee, and ginger dead-shot Lord John, supported by colored bearers.
Читать книгу «The Lost World» очень удобно в нашей онлайн-библиотеке на сайте или в мобильном приложении IOS, Android или Windows. Надеемся, что это произведение придется вам по душе.
- Chapter I. "There are heroisms all round us"
- Chapter II. "Try your luck with professor Challenger"
- Chapter III. "He is a perfectly impossible person"
- Chapter IV. "It's just the very biggest thing in the world"
- Chapter V. "Question!"
- Chapter VI. "I was the flail of the lord"
- Chapter VII. "To-morrow we disappear into the unknown"
- Chapter VIII. "The outlying pickets of the new world"
- Chapter IX. "Who could have foreseen it?"
- Chapter X. "The most wonderful things have happened"
- Chapter XI. "For once I was the hero"
- Chapter XII. "It was dreadful in the forest"
- Chapter XIII. "A sight which I shall never forget"
- Chapter XIV. "Those were the real conquests"
- Chapter XV. "Our eyes have seen great wonders"
- Chapter XVI. "A procession! A procession!"