The incarnation of the myth of a cursed artist, Vincent van Gogh (1853-1890) is a legend who became a reference for modern art. An Expressionist during the Post-Impressionist movement, his art was misunderstood during his lifetime. In Holland, he partook in the Dutch realist painting movement by studying peasant characters. Anxious and depressed, Vincent van Gogh produced more than 2000 artworks, yet sold only one in his lifetime. A self-made artist, his work is known for its rough and emotional beauty and is amongst the most popular in the art market today.
Читать книгу «Vincent van Gogh» очень удобно в нашей онлайн-библиотеке на сайте или в мобильном приложении IOS, Android или Windows. Надеемся, что это произведение придется вам по душе.
- “As through a looking glass, by dark reason…”
- Holland, England and Belgium: 1853-1886 “Feeling nowhere so much myself a stranger as in my family and country…”
- Paris: 1886-1888 “The spreading of ideas”
- Arles: 1888-1889 “An artists’ house”
- Arles: 1889 “I was a fool and everything I did was wrong”
- Saint-Rémy: 1889-1890 “What is the good of getting better?”
- Auvers-sur-Oise: 1890 “But there’s nothing sad in this death…”
- List of Illustrations