Different eras and civilisations have treated erotic images with varying acceptance and different concepts of erotica and these tendencies are reflected within the works themselves. From ancient statues devoted to fertility to Renaissance engravings designed to encourage procreation within marriage, erotic art has always held an important place in society. Here, for the first time, 1,000 authentic images of erotic art have been brought together, spanning the centuries and civilisations to demonstrate the evolution of the genre. In an era such as ours when eroticism is abundant in advertising and the media, this book gives a refreshing insight into the background of erotic imagery, highlighting the artistic value of beautiful works of eroticism executed with skill.
Читать книгу «1000 Erotic Works of Genius» очень удобно в нашей онлайн-библиотеке на сайте или в мобильном приложении IOS, Android или Windows. Надеемся, что это произведение придется вам по душе.
- Erotic art or pornography?
- From Prehistory and Primitive Forms to Antiquity and the Perfection of the Body
- The Middle Ages: A Return to Prudery
- The Renaissance: The Golden Age of the Body 1453-1563
- The Elegance of the Body 1563-1810
- Realism and the Body 1810-1922
- The Decades of Promise 1922-1960
- The Revolution of the Body 1960-2000s
- The Primitive Forms and The Perfection of the Body
- A Return to Prudery
- The Golden Age of the Body
- The Elegance of the Body
- Realism and the Body
- The Decades of Promise and The Revolution of the Body