Taiwan's specific situation in Asia is the source of its thorn past. Situated in the South East of China, Taiwan was at the crossroads of many maritime routes and squeezed between its neighbors, China and Japan. After centuries of foreign occupation, Taiwan has a unique history. Taiwan, Art and Civilization sheds light on Taiwan's beautiful scenery as well as its colorful history in the form of a true initiatory trip. Through magnificent illustrations, Taiwan reveals its secret beauty, its fauna and flora intertwined with its unique architecture. Home of the traditional and the modern, the gorgeous island is also the home of a very dynamic artistic scene. One thus fully grasps why the Portuguese named her Ilha Formosa, beautiful island.
Читать книгу «Taiwan Art & Civilisation» очень удобно в нашей онлайн-библиотеке на сайте или в мобильном приложении IOS, Android или Windows. Надеемся, что это произведение придется вам по душе.
- An Invitation Knowing and Appreciating Taiwan’s Beauty
- By Tchen Yu-Chiou Secretary General, National Cultural Association
- Introduction By Janice Lai Director General, Taiwan Tourism Bureau
- More than Thirty Thousand Years of History
- A Natural Miracle
- Architectural Style and Culture in Transition
- Flourishing Performing Arts and Traditional Life
- Vigorous Visual Arts
- Index of Artists
- List of Illustrations
- Photographical Credits